I was interviewed for a ‘Go to Healthy Meal’ series on blog ‘Be Forever Healthier‘ and had to answer 5 questions honestly. So here’s what I had to share with their readers.
What’s your go-to healthy meal?
Salmon, sweet potato fries + green veggies
You will need:
- 1 x salmon fillet
- 1 cup sweet potato cut into chunky fries
- 1 cup mixed green veggies e.g. broccoli, zucchini, asparagus, brussel sprouts
What to do:
- BBQ or oven bake the salmon fillet wrapped in foil. Just add a splash of lemon juice and chilli flakes to the fillet.
- Mix the sweet potato with a small slug of olive oil and a sprinkle of Cajun seasoning in a bowl
- Lay out on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper. Bake in the oven for 20-25 mins at 180 degrees C.
- Steam veggies.
2. What’s the best health tip you’ve ever received?
To listen to your body and rest. Taking a rest day is not a sign of weakness, you need to schedule at least 1 rest day a week and make sure you get 7-8 hours sleep a night. Your body will stop making progress if you don’t allow enough recovery time.
3. What’s your preferred form of exercise?
Resistance training and HIIT; you can build lean muscle + get your heart pumping all in 1 workout.
4. What’s your favourite food to indulge in?
Sushi. The mayo + soy sauce makes it unhealthy, yet oh so tempting. It’s my weekend treat.
5. If you could change one habit of ours to be healthier, what would it be?
I would actually say it’s a habit that needs to change in my mind, rather than a food or exercise habit. I wish I could be kinder to myself, I have high expectations for myself and what I should look like as someone in the fitness industry, and often beat myself up for not looking like a shredded fitness model. I’m fit & healthy and I reap the benefits in how I feel, though of course I would like to be a bit leaner. We all have areas we would like to improve though right?